An old fashion icebox cake…or as my family calls it – A COOKIE CAKE! This is a childhood favorite of mine that my mom and grandma have been making for more than 50 years.
Chocolate wafer cookies layered with homemade whipped cream. Then refrigerate and serve…it doesn’t get any easier and more delicious.
A printable recipe is below along with a link to my video tutorial on this.
Instead of making your own whipped cream you can also substitute Cool Whip but definitely allow the cake to sit overnite.
No Bake Cookie Cake
- Stand Mixer with Whisk Attachment
- Flat Spatula/Spreader
- ( 2)Decorators piping bags (optional)
- #2D Wilton Decorator Tip
- #70 Wilton Decorator Tip
- 4 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- .5 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 box Nabisco Chocolate Wafter Cookies
- Pink Food Coloring (optional)
- Green Food Coloring (optional)
- Chill your mixing bowl for about 10+ minutes before beginning.
- Add 4c heavy whipping cream to your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
- Add vanilla, honey and slowly add the confectioners sugar.
- Turn mixer speed on high and whisk until whipped cream is stiff and will hold its shape. (Be careful not to over mix or you can break the cream)
- Take one wafer cookie and add a small dollop of the whipped cream then top with another cookie and repeat. Be sure the cookies are all facing the same direction.
- Continue building this stack of cookies until it's wide enough for your serving plate. It will likely be 8-10 cookies stacked and then turned on its side.
- Lay the cookie stack on its side and continue making stacks until you fill your serving plate. (I recommend doing about 5 stacks of 9 cookies - this is one full box of cookies.)
- Cover the entire cake with whipped cream, spreading it smooth and covering every inch.
Optional (piped decorations)
- In two separate bowls add a bit of whipped cream. Add a drop of pink and green dye to each bowl and mix.
- Fit a piping bag with the #2D tip for the pink flowers and another with the #70 for the green leaves.
- Starting in the middle of where you want your flower start piping the flower working from center out to the edge. Then pipe the leaves on the sides. See IGTV video for more details
Refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight before serving.
- Cut the cake on an angle into triangles for serving.
Hope you enjoy this easy no bake dessert! It’s a great go-to when you want to impress in a pinch!