Ok….enough chatting…here’s the simple instructions to whip these up. PS – if you have NO clue about how to make starter….just pop over to my Instagram @jaclynjameshome and find my highlight on “sourdough starter”.
Whole Wheat Sourdough Everything Crackers
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sourdough starter (discard)
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp everything but the bagel seasoning
- olive oil, for brushing
- sea salt, to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, sourdough starter, softened butter, and seasoning until dough comes together and is smooth. I prefer to kneed by hand.
- Divide dough in 1/2. Shape into 2 round discs, wrap separately in cling wrap and refrigerate for 45 minutes until dough is cool and firm.
- On a piece of parchment paper, roll one disc of dough until it's about 1/16" thick. NOTE: the dough will have uneven edges as you roll. It's ok and it will still taste amazing!
- Slide the parchment paper (without moving dough) onto a baking sheet. Then, using a rolling pizza wheel, cut the dough into small squares (about 1-1.5").
- Lightly coat the crackers with olive oil using a brush, then sprinkle sea salt over the top.
- Bake until slightly golden brown about 25 minutes, turning the baking sheet half way through cooking.
- Allow to cool and then enjoy!
- To store, you can simply use a ziplock bag and crackers will keep up to one week (but I bet they won't last that long!).
- NOTE: If you prefer an herb cracker vs. everything, replace it for 2 tbsp of seasoning of your choice but also add 2 tsp of salt to your dough on the initial mix.