Chocolate chip spider cookies are a tradition in my home every Halloween!! Our neighborhood is full of young families with children which makes Halloween crazy! There are so many kids out trick-or-treating, that we “set up shop” in our front yard and hand out candy for hours. I make homemade pizza, chocolate chip spider cookies and cocktails! (Super healthy right – ha!)
These cookies are so simple to whip up and everyone goes nuts for them. You can create these spider cookies using any chocolate chip cookie recipe you like. I always make THIS oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe and turn them into spider cookies. It’s been my hubs favorite for YEARS! My little secret when making this recipe is to just undercook the cookies. They stay super soft and chewy for weeks – highly recommend!
Here’s a quick video to show you exactly how to transform your chocolate chip cookies into chocolate chip spider cookies!
To create chocolate chip spider cookies…
- Evenly scoop your cookie dough onto a baking sheet .
- Add 1, 2 or 3 morsels to the top of your scoop of cookie dough, bottom side facing up – (this will be the body of your spider).
- Bake and allow the cookies to cool completely.
- Melt 1.5 cups of chocolate morsels and then add to a piping bag (or you can also use a ziplock type bag for this).
- Cut off the tip of the bag – I recommend starting with a very small cut and test the line of chocolate that comes out and continue cutting off tiny sections of the bag until you have the perfect line of chocolate.
- Draw four legs on each size of your “spider”.
- Allow the chocolate to set.
- Store any leftovers in a container separated by wax or parchment paper.
- PS – don’t forget the milk 🙂
Linked below are a few of my favorite baking supplies. Hope you all have a fabulous Halloween and enjoy some festive chocolate chip spider cookies 🙂
Happy Halloween Fancy Friends!